Sunday 18 December 2011

The slipper & the frog prince

I have aways loved fairytales & happy ever afters!
and so I have been making.....
My sister sent me this fantastic pixie shoe
a while ago!...
and I have been wanting to have a go at making
my own version,so I decided to make a
princess slipper and the little frog prince too!

Here is my sister's pretty pixie shoe how sweetx

Here are some photos of my little mini make.
My slipper is made from felt, white linen fabric,
pink lace, buttons,clay flowers,and a ric rac rose.
a ribbon tie for hanging up if you wish.
however It looks cute with my little frog sitting
inside the slipper.
My frog is made from air drying clay with
black bead eyes. but I still need to paint him
and his little crown.




I am really happy with how its turned out.
but I would love to hear your thoughts x

5 comments:

Leaping Frog Design's said...

This is so very very sweet. I have been wanting to make a fairy shoe or two also since seeing your sisters. Love them...Love yours. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing today!!

Wendy Aspinall said...

Julie love it the frog is just the right touch .. he adds the magic touch... look at his tiny crown. hugs wendy

Bigbluebed said...

They are really lovely.

Linda said...

I love these slippers. They is are so very delicate. I would like to learn how to make them.

Red Rose Alley said...

This slipper is so cool. I have always loved the color torquoise, and I am thinking of re-doinog a guest room with that color.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley